Laredo Personal Injury Attorney
Nevárez Law Group is a recognized personal injury firm that specializes in representing injured victims and families in the area. Our team of experts works with investigators, doctors, nurses, and other specialized parties to ensure that our clients receive the compensation for the incident that they deserve.
Such as with, car accidents in Laredo to motorcycle crashes, Nevárez Law Group will fight by your side throughout the case until you are compensated for your unfortunate incident. Years of experience have given us the knowledge and resources to immediately begin working on building a successful case for you. Nevárez Law Group will be available throughout the process and ensure that you are taken care of as you make your way through your recovery.
Personal Injury Resources:
Why Choose Nevárez Law Group for Your Personal Injury Claim?
- At Nevárez Law Group, our team has a track record of success, and we have recovered more than a billion dollars on behalf of our clients.
- We take pride in being able to tell our clients that we have held the at-fault party responsible for their actions.
- Our team is fully staffed, and we are ready to help clients at any step along the way. We answer any questions or concerns that our clients have right away.
Do You Need an Attorney for a Personal Injury Case in Laredo?
Personal injury claims can become incredibly challenging, particularly for those who have limited legal experience. However, when you work with a trusted expert, like our Laredo accident attorneys, you will have an advocate with the resources necessary to stand by your side and fully investigate the incident.
While working to prove the liability of the other party, an attorney will ensure that their client is evaluated and treated by trusted medical and economic professionals who can help properly calculate total losses. A Laredo injury lawyer will also remain in constant communication with insurance carriers and at-fault parties to help resolve the claim as promptly as possible, but they will also fully prepare the case for trial if necessary.
What Types of Personal Injury Claims Do We Help With?
At Nevárez Law Group, our team has extensive experience handling complex injury claims in Texas and throughout the United States. We work diligently to help those who have been harmed due to the negligence of others. Some of the most common causes of injuries that we help clients with include the following:
- Car accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Premises liability incidents
- Oil field accidents
- Burn injuries
This is not a complete list of the types of cases that we help clients in and around the Laredo area. For example, if you are in a truck collision, we encourage you to contact our Laredo truck accident attorneys as soon as possible so we can provide a free consultation of your case and help guide you towards the best steps for compensation recovery.
Our compassionate attorneys also help family members who have lost a loved one due to the negligent or intentional actions of others in the Laredo area. We have extensive experience handling complex Laredo wrongful death claims, and we will stand by your side throughout the entire process to ensure that you receive the closure and the compensation you are entitled to.
What Are Some Common Injuries We Help With?
At Nevárez Law Group, our team works diligently to help individuals who have sustained a wide range of injuries in Laredo. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal trauma (organ damage or bleeding)
- Significant blood loss
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Amputation or crush injuries
- Lacerations or puncture wounds
However, our team also realizes that not all injuries are physical. We regularly help clients who have sustained a range of emotional and psychological traumas caused by the original incident comma their injuries, as well as the recovery process. This can include prolonged feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression. Additionally, a significant percentage of personal injury victims suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Our goal is to make sure that clients recover compensation for all of their injuries, including the traumatic ones mentioned above, as well as these unseen emotional and psychological injuries.
What Kind Of Damages Can Be Awarded From A Personal Injury Case?
Individuals who sustain injuries caused by another person or entity in Laredo should be able to recover various types of compensation for their losses. At Nevárez Law Group, our team works diligently to recover both economic and non-economic losses on behalf of our clients. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Economic damages. These damages are also referred to as “special damages,” and they revolve around the types of losses that are relatively quantifiable after an injury occurs in Laredo. By gathering up bills and receipts that come in after an injury, we can work to adequately calculate the following:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Follow-up hospital or doctor visits
- Prescription medication costs
- The cost of medical devices
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Lost income
- Household and out-of-pocket expenses caused by the injury
- Non-economic damages. These damages are also referred to as “general damages,” and they are harder to quantify than the economic losses mentioned above. The damages can be considered immeasurable because there are no direct bills that come in that will adequately show a personal injury victim’s:
- The emotional and psychological distress caused by the injuries
- Physical pain and suffering a person experiences
- Loss of consortium for a spouse
- Loss of companionship for family members
- Scarring and disfigurement damages
There is no set amount of compensation available to personal injury victims in Laredo. Rather, the total amount of money awarded through a settlement or jury verdict will vary depending on a range of factors. Some of these factors include the severity of the initial injuries, the length of the recovery time, whether or not there was any shared fault, property damage expenses, and more. An attorney will work with trusted economic and financial experts to adequately calculate total losses on behalf of their client. If the injury was caused by an unsafe product, your case may be more complex, so contact our Laredo product liability lawyers today.
Is There a Time Limit for Laredo Accident Claims?
Yes, personal injury victims do have a limited amount of time to file their lawsuits. The personal injury statute of limitations in Texas is two years from the date an injury occurs. Failing to file a lawsuit within this timeframe will likely mean that any case filed will be dismissed.
If you want to have a chance of recovering compensation for your losses, you need to file your claim as promptly as possible. Keep in mind that insurance carriers have strict reporting deadlines, typically much shorter than this overall two-year time frame. We encourage you to speak with a skilled personal injury lawyer in Laredo who can walk you through this entire process and make sure that your claim is filed on time and appropriately.
How Does Partial Liability Affect an Injury Claim?
Partial liability can affect how much compensation an individual receives for a personal injury claim in Laredo. Contrary to popular belief, those who are partially responsible for causing their own injuries may still be able to recover compensation for their losses. Texas operates under what is called a “modified comparative fault” system. Under this type of system, an individual can recover compensation so long as they are 50% or less responsible for their injuries. If a person is 51% or more responsible for causing their injuries, they will not be able to recover compensation for their losses.
The caveat to the modified comparative fault system is that an individual will receive reduced compensation for their percentage of fault. For an example of how this may look for a personal injury claim, let us suppose an individual trips on an electrical cord running across a grocery store floor and sustains $10,000 worth of medical bills for a broken arm. Typically, the injury victim would be able to recover compensation from the grocery store, particularly if there were no warning signs posted alerting the person to the danger. However, let us also suppose that the injury victim was recording a social media video at the time the incident occurred and was distracted.
In this theoretical scenario, it is entirely possible that we could see some of the blame go to the personal injury victim. If a jury determined that the individual was 30% responsible for causing their own injury, then they would receive $7,000 in compensation instead of the full $10,000.
How Can You Afford a Personal Injury Attorney in Laredo?
We know that one reason individuals avoid attorneys is that they think they cannot afford one. However, at Nevárez Law Group, our team takes these cases on a contingency fee basis. Injury victims in Laredo will not have to pay any out-of-pocket costs related to their case. We will only collect legal fees after we successfully recover the compensation our clients need. If we do not win, clients will not pay a dime in legal fees.
Steps to Take After an Injury Occurs in Laredo
In the aftermath of sustaining an injury in Laredo, there are various steps that you can take to help ensure that you both recover the compensation you need and receive the medical treatment necessary to get through this. We understand that the aftermath of an injury can seem chaotic, but we strongly encourage you to accomplish as many steps on this list as possible:
- Calling the appropriate authorities. It is crucial to report the injury to the appropriate authorities as soon as possible. Depending on the type of incident in question, who you report an injury to will vary. For example, injuries caused by a vehicle accident must be reported to law enforcement officials. This means dialing 911. Workplace injuries need to be reported to a supervisor or the employer as soon as possible. Injuries that occur in a grocery store or another type of premises should be reported to the property owner.
- Seeking medical care. Injury victims must seek medical treatment as soon as possible. This may mean taking an ambulance or a car ride to the emergency room right after the incident occurs. However, even if the injuries do not seem very severe, individuals should still go to the doctor for an evaluation the same day the incident occurs. Seeking medical care helps ensure treatment of all visible and unseen injuries, and it also establishes a solid link between the injuries and the incident.
- Gathering evidence. If it is safe and feasible to do so at the scene of an injury incident, individuals can begin gathering evidence to support an eventual claim. This can include using a cell phone to take photographs of the injuries, the causes of the injuries, the location of video cameras, and more. We also encourage individuals to get the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses who saw what happened, as these individuals can provide valuable testimony at a later date.
- Contact your insurance carrier. Depending on the type of injury, you may need to contact your insurance carrier to let them know the incident occurred. This is particularly true for vehicle accidents. Even if you did not cause the incident, you need to notify your insurance carrier that the accident occurred so the claim process can begin.
- Reaching out to an attorney. We encourage you to reach out to a Laredo personal injury lawyer who can handle every aspect of the claim for you from the beginning. A lawyer will be the one to communicate with all parties involved, and they will gather the evidence to prove liability.
- Continuing medical treatment. We strongly encourage all injury victims in Laredo to continue medical treatment until their doctor says they can stop. If a person chooses to discontinue care before they have fully recovered, then this could jeopardize their overall claim. Even skipping a few medical visits could lead the insurance carrier or the at-fault party to say that your injuries are not as severe as you say.
Contact a Laredo Personal Injury Attorney Immediately
If you or somebody you love has sustained an injury caused by the negligent actions of another individual or entity in the Laredo area, the attorneys at Nevárez Law Group are standing by to help. We have vast resources at our disposal, and our team has an extensive history of success in recovering significant settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of clients. Let us investigate your claim and stand up to aggressive turn carriers to ensure that you are cared for. When you need a Laredo personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (830) 776-7003.