Eagle Pass Personal Injury Attorney
Any person who sustains an injury caused by the actions of another individual, business, or entity should be able to recover compensation for their losses. Unfortunately, insurance carriers and legal teams often push back and keep individuals from recovering the money they need. At Nevárez Law Group, we are here to help if you need an Eagle Pass personal injury attorney by your side. Our injury attorneys in Laredo refuse to back down from aggressive insurance carriers, and our team has no problem taking a claim all the way to trial if necessary.
Why Turn to Nevárez Law Group for Eagle Pass Personal Injury Claim?
- At Nevárez Law Group, our injury attorneys provide a client-focused approach to every case that we take. This means that every claim will be handled with flexibility, integrity, and personal attention.
- Our accident lawyers in Laredo take satisfaction in being able to tell our clients personally that we have held the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
- We have focused exclusively on providing help to injury victims throughout Texas and the US, and have recovered billions of dollars in compensation for clients.
What is a Personal Injury Claim?
Personal injury claims can arise in a wide variety of ways. A personal injury lawsuit will typically hold weight in court if an individual sustains an injury that was verifiably caused by the actions of another individual, business, or entity. The team at Nevárez Law Group has helped individuals who have sustained injuries in a wide variety of ways. This includes various types of vehicle accidents, including commercial truck accidents, bicycle and pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents, rideshare accidents, and more.
However, vehicle accidents are only one type of injury claim that we handle. We also help clients who sustain injuries due to defective products, slip and fall incidents, dog bite incidents, workplace injuries, oil field accidents, and more. If you think that you have been harmed as a result of the actions of someone else, reach out to our attorneys so we can guide you towards the best steps forward for your situation.
Compensation You Can Recover For These Claims
Anytime an individual is injured due to the negligent actions of another individual, business, or entity, they should be able to recover various types of compensation. At Nevárez Law Group, our team works vigorously to recover both economic and non-economic compensation on behalf of our clients.
- Economic losses refer to the types of compensation that are calculable in the aftermath of sustaining an injury in Eagle Pass. Injury victims and their attorneys can add up bills and receipts to properly calculate medical expenses, out-of-pocket losses, lost income, property damage expenses, and more.
- Non-economic losses refer to the types of compensation that are harder to calculate after an injury occurs. There may not be direct bills or receipts that can adequately calculate a person’s physical pain and suffering or their emotional and psychological distress. However, these losses are real, and there are ways that attorneys can calculate these losses in a fair way.
How Will an Attorney Help a Personal Injury Claim in Eagle Pass?
Personal injury claims must be handled with extreme care and rapid diligence. A lawyer should investigate the incident quickly so they can obtain all evidence needed to prove liability before that evidence disappears.
While working to establish fault for a claim, an attorney will:
- Ensure their client is evaluated by a medical professional
- Work with economic and financial experts to calculate expected losses
- Negotiate with insurance carriers and legal teams to recover a fair settlement offer
- Make sure the case is ready to go to trial if necessary to ensure their client is treated fairly
Shared Fault for a Personal Injury Claim
It is not uncommon for insurance carriers and at-fault parties to try and place some or all of the blame for the injury on the victim themselves. By taking this defense route, the at-fault party will be trying to get out of having to pay compensation.
However, Texas operates under what is called a “modified comparative fault” system. This means that individuals may still be able to recover compensation for their injuries, so long as they are 50% or less responsible for causing the incident. Any person 51% or more responsible for causing their injuries will be unable to recover compensation.
Under this comparative fault system, individuals will receive reduced compensation if they share fault for the incident. For example, if an individual sustains $100,000 worth of medical bills and lost wages as a result of an injury, but a jury determines that they were 25% responsible for their injuries, they would receive $75,000 instead of the full $100,000. This amount is lower to account for the individual’s percentage of fault.
Do Not Hesitate to Contact An Attorney to File the Claim Quickly
It is crucial to understand that personal injury victims have a limited amount of time to file these lawsuits. The Texas personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date an injury occurs. If a personal injury victim or their representative does not file a claim within this two-year timeframe, they will likely lose the ability to recover the compensation they need.
It is also important to keep in mind that if there are insurance carriers involved, their reporting deadlines are likely much shorter than this two-year limit. If an injury is not reported to an insurance carrier very quickly after the injury occurs, it is likely that the carrier will delay or deny the claim altogether. A skilled personal injury lawyer in Eagle Pass will make sure that your claim is filed on time and appropriately.
Contact an Eagle Pass Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has sustained an injury caused by the negligent actions of another individual or entity in the Eagle Pass, Texas, area, reach out to the team at Nevárez Law Group for help immediately. We understand the challenges that injury victims and their families face in these situations, and we want to make sure that you are able to focus on recovering. Our team, like our accident lawyers, will work diligently to recover total compensation for your losses. When you need an Eagle Pass personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (830) 776-7003.