Brownsville Personal Injury Attorney
Sustaining an injury caused by the negligent or intentional actions of another individual or entity can lead to significant setbacks. At Nevárez Law Group, our Brownsville personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping clients recover compensation from aggressive insurance carriers and at-fault parties. We have the resources necessary to fully investigate injury claims, determine liability, and help our clients recover total compensation for their losses.
Why Choose Nevárez Law Group for a Brownsville Personal Injury Claim?
- At Nevárez Law Group, we provide our clients with the resources, staffing, finances, technology, and legal skills necessary to handle every aspect of their claim.
- Our accident attorneys in Laredo and across the state are committed to making a difference, and our team has authored legal articles on negligence and product liability claims. We also instruct other attorneys about how to litigate and win their cases.
- We have recovered billions of dollars in compensation on behalf of clients through successful insurance settlements and jury verdicts.
Will an Attorney Help a Personal Injury Claim in Brownsville?
Personal injury claims are incredibly challenging, particularly for those who do not have much legal experience. When a Brownsville personal injury lawyer becomes involved in your case, they will be able to handle every aspect of the claim on your behalf. This includes uncovering all evidence that can prove liability, such as:
- Photographs were taken at the scene
- Video surveillance of the incident
- Statements for my witnesses
- Accident or police reports
- Individual or company safety records
While all of this is ongoing, a lawyer will ensure that their client is evaluated by trusted medical and economic experts who can fully assess the situation and help calculate expected losses. Using all of this information, an attorney can negotiate with insurance carriers and prepare the case for trial.
Will Your Injury Qualify for a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Every state, including Texas, has laws in place regarding personal injuries and the proper process for filing these claims in court. In Texas, personal injury lawsuits can arise in a wide variety of ways. This includes, but is not limited to, vehicle accidents, premises liability claims, defective product incidents, dog bite incidents, workplace accidents, oil industry accidents, boating accidents, and more.
When working to establish whether or not an injury claim is viable, we have to examine whether or not the alleged at-fault party was negligent. Typically this means establishing four elements:
- Duty. It has to be shown that the alleged negligent party owed some sort of duty of care to the plaintiff. The duty of care will look different depending on the situation, but a common example is the duty of care that drivers owe to others on the roadway. Every driver has a duty to operate their vehicle safely.
- Breach of duty. If a duty of care has been established, it has to be shown that the other party breached their duty of care in some way. Again, depending on the situation, a breach of care will look different. Following the vehicle example, a driver who operates under the influence of alcohol will likely have breached their duty of care to others.
- Causation. After establishing a duty of care and a breach of duty, it has to be shown that the breach directly caused the accident and injuries in question.
- Damages. Finally, it must be established that the plaintiff suffered some sort of monetary loss as a result of the breach of duty. This can include medical bills, lost wages, property damage expenses, and pain and suffering.
Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Case in Brownsville
If you think that your injury does qualify for a personal injury lawsuit against another party, you need to act quickly. In Texas, there is a certain timeframe in which injury victims must file their lawsuit, called the statute of limitations. This time frame is two years from the date an injury occurs. There are very limited circumstances that may allow this time frame to be extended, so we encourage you to work with an attorney who can file your claim as promptly as possible.
Additionally, if there are any insurance carriers involved in your claim, they will also have deadlines in place that are much shorter than this two-year timeframe. Please keep that in mind as you move forward with trying to secure compensation for your losses.
What Compensation is Available for These Claims?
There may be various types of compensation available to personal injury victims in Brownsville, Texas. If another individual or entity caused the injury, they might have to pay damages out of their own assets, or their insurance carrier may have to pay compensation. Some of the most common types of compensation injury victims recover in these situations include:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the injury
- Property damage expenses
- Any lost income if a victim cannot work
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Household out-of-pocket losses
- Legal fees
- Pain and suffering damages
Some states place limitations on how much compensation an individual can receive, but any limitations in Texas apply only to medical malpractice claims. In this state, individuals can only receive a limited amount of money for non-economic damages in a medical malpractice case (limited to $250,000 per person and $500,000 overall). The total amount of compensation individuals can receive for a personal injury claim will vary depending on the circumstances surrounding their particular injury.
Contact a Brownsville Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured as a result of the negligent or intentional actions of someone else in Texas, reach out to the team at Nevárez Law Group for help immediately. Our Laredo injury attorneys have vast resources at our disposal, and we know what it takes to determine liability in these situations. Our goal is to make sure that you recover complete compensation for your losses so you can move forward with your life. When you need a personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (830) 776-7003.